Sunday, November 28, 2010

Saturday November 20 continued
to finish the long night we decided to eat at Tick Tock Diner.

Sunday November 21
Me and mom went to church at CityVine. When we went to get on the subway Brianna and her dad Dan were there. Come to find out they were also headed to church. We all went  and enjoyed church and then went our separate ways.

Me and mom were waiting for Jo to be done with her service so we went to DSW and Forever 21 in Union Square to buy boots and leggings. Then I was getting a huge headache and was hungry so we grabbed a snack at Crumbs and sat in the park.

Then Jo arrived and we ate at Patsys to get our pizza fix. After that we walked from Union Square  to The New Yorker....
On our walk back we saw the set of Mr Poppins Penguins with Jim Carrey and stopped at Starbucks because it was significantly cooler outside. Then we ended the day with seeing the Broadway show Chicago.

Monday November 22
The task of the day was to get my stuff packed to be shipped to Buna...Me and mom met Lisa at Hale and Hearty for lunch. We ate sandwiches in  Bryant Park and had a good time chatting until Lisa had to leave. Then we found boxes and headed back to my room.  On our way back we literally ran into the set of The Good Wife where the street had been turned into trailer lane and a building was turned into Peter Florricks campaign office!

After packing all of my things in boxes we headed to Macys to find a dress for upcoming events. I found a dress that was not necessarily my favorite but I am excited about how different it is and that I do not have to find anything when I arrive in Texas.

Tuesday November 23
Sierra was flying in! First me and mom did a bunch of walking! Mom wanted to go to Highline Park so we went there first. The weather was perfect for the day and we enjoyed taking pictures of the city. Then we headed to Soho and Greenwich Village area where we saw the Washington Square Arch and ate lunch.  By the time we walked back we were exhausted so we hung out until Sierra arrived!

We were so excited to have us all here :) But we had to hit the ground running....First we went to the Empire State Building in order for Sierra to see the whole city...Then we walked to Bryant Park but it was closed and so we just walked by Project Sunshine office building. After this we went to the tourist infested area of Times Square where we went to the Disney store and showed Sierra GMA and all the great things in Times Square.

Wednesday November 24
We went to the Statue of Liberty. People were everywhere but it was a beautiful day to be on the water. The wind was very chilly but we got Sierras pictures taken and headed to Wall Street. Sierra was not interested in taking pictures at every site but I did make her take a picture at the New York Stock Exchange. Then we walked 5th avenue and went into Tiffanys, saw The Plaza, and walked the outside of Central Park. Then we  ate dinner at Simply Pasta and went to see the show Jersey Boys which was fantastic!

Thursday November 25 Thanksgiving
We slept in a little bit. Then headed to the parade! We were a little late but were able to get on the subway and push through the crowd to see the parade :)

We went to Crumbs after the parade and got cupcakes to go. Then headed back to the hotel. Since we were really tired from the crowds and more sightseeing we took naps.
Then we decided to go eat at Heartland Brewery where they had a Thanksgiving meal but we opted for just a regular menu meal.

After our meal we went to show Sierra Rockefeller Center and the big christmas tree. Then we had the Christmas Spectacular. The Rockettes are phenomenal!

Friday November 26
Sierra left New York.. It was a short trip but she was able to see the city. Before she left we were able to get up early and try to be on GMA. But because the weather was gross and the holiday they decided to not film outside. So we went to Mc Donalds and had Stephens girls time which was much needed :) Then we went to Macys for Sierra to see the floors and decorations. After this it was time for her to go so we walked over to Penn Station and was able to get her on the NJ Transit headed for Newark Airport.

Now it was time to ship my boxes which was an ordeal because of the holiday but it was all taken care of. Then me and mom wanted to see West Side Story and so we went to the TKTS booth to buy tickets. For dinner we had one dollar pizza at two bros and headed to the show. The show was definitely as good as we thought it would be. A few of the actors were good but they just did not project their voices...After the show we stopped at Starbucks to grab hot chocolate and a snack for the night :)

Saturday November 27
Mom let me sleep in :) we had already done enough walking and touring the city to where we did not want to go anywhere. For lunch we went across the street to Lucys mexicanAguilera did an amazing job in this movie. As soon as the movie was over we had to head to our next show...Mary Poppins! I had already seen the show but mom had not. We loved every part of it :) disney was a great end to our visit together!

Mom left to head back to Texas at 1:30 this morning. In two weeks I will be doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment